2016/02/11

10 hours a day, 10 days a week

I now have a decimal clock with 10 hours and French Republican wall calendar with 10 days a week. Instead 24/7 I can do 10/10!

As you can tell from the position of the hands, it's really a standard clock with a faux decimal face, so the hour hand goes around twice a day and the other hands like usual, but it looks cool. I used a gift card from my secret Santa to get the clock from Cafe Press and bought the calendar from Etsy. You can see more pictures on Twitter.

Duodi 22 Pluviôse an CCXXIV à 9 heures 53 minutes décimales t.m.P.
MJD 57429.947

10 comments:

  1. The wall clock would be so cool with decimal action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see a new post from you, John. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear from you. Nice to know someone is listening.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I check this site every now and again not expecting to see anything new – it's a very good resource without it – and I was really happy to see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post more often if I get comments. Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to myself...

      Delete
  4. Where do you get that clock and calendar and did you brought a new calendar for FR year 225 (3T 2016 - 3Q 2017?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Links are in the article. Calendar is for the Franciade which begins this month. However, the dates remain the same for the rest of the century.

      Delete
  5. Hey John, so I'm wondering: Jean-Charles de Borda's decimal time seemed like a simplification on the surface, but wouldn't it make for a longer work-week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but they get time off in the middle of the week.

      Delete
  6. Hey John, sorry if I'm double-posting, but I'm not sure if my first post went through. I'm curious to know more about whether de Borda's 10-day week meant that people had fewer days off work (or if the French even took days off before, I don't know much about it).

    ReplyDelete