2023/02/05

Hello

I see that I haven't posted here in 7 years. I also haven't renewed my domain names, but Google still keeps zombie blogs, so the BlogSpot address is working. There seems to be little interest in decimal time anymore, not that there was ever a lot. I think that may partially because one can get all the info from Wikipedia. Even there, I seem to be the only one updating the article.

Another reason for neglect here is most discussion has moved away from blogs to social media, like Twitter and Facebook. I noticed recently that somebody started a Decimal Time Facebook group, but nobody is posting there, either.

Another we didn't have 20 years ago was all the genealogical records online. I can now read all the records of births, deaths, and marriages for all of France. Whereas before there where very few examples of decimal time in use during the Revolution, now there are thousands. So, I need some place to write down my observations, even if nobody read them.

Sextidi 16 Pluviôse de la République française une et indivisible à 8 heures 87 minutes décimales

No comments:

Post a Comment