2023/03/07

Analog clock


You may have noticed that there is now an analog decimal clock on every page. I also made a full-page clock, perfect for a desk or nightstand. I wrote my first virtual, decimal, analog desk clock in the early 1980s in BASIC on an Atari 800. I remember that the computer’s internal clock was a 3-byte register that incremented 60 times per second, or in one “jiffy.” Three bytes meant that it would roll over every 3.238 days to 0. There was no battery, so it had to be reset every time you turned it on. The was also no Internet to set it automatically. It was as primitive as can be! 

I’ve had analog clocks on my site before, in Java and Flash and I made one in Canvas years ago, like the one I’m using now. I couldn’t figure out how to get it to fill the window on this site, so I put it on a different one. You can follow this link, or the one at the top of each page. 

Update: I’ve added a small hand for the ten days of the décade (decaday).

16 Ventôse year CCXXXI, spinach day @ 9h 92m 40s PMT

No comments:

Post a Comment